You’ve written a novel? Congratulations! You know what you wanted your readers to “see” as they were reading your words. However, will the reader be able to envision your words as you expected as they are reading them? Or are they going to be confused because you refer to your heroine as Lucy in Chapter 1 and Lacy in Chapter 10? Was her hair blonde and then changed to brown (without having been dyed or her wearing a wig)? What about proper punctuation and grammar? Don’t worry. I’ll polish all of that up for you and Make Your Stories Shine!
What to Expect
I won’t re-write your book to suit my tastes. Your book is your baby and it and your writing will remain yours and yours alone. My goal is to improve your writing while respecting your voice and creative intent and helping to eliminate the bad reviews based on editing or the lack thereof. However, YOU have the final say over ALL of my suggestions and are free to accept or reject them. The types of issues I look for include:
- ✔ Grammar and punctuation
- ✔ Ambiguous or confusing phrasing
- ✔ Story-based inconsistencies (such as character hair color)
- ✔ Text-based inconsistencies (such as capitalization and hyphenation)
- ✔ Word choice, sentence structure, and sentence order
- ✔ Basic issues of point of view
- ✔ Basic fact-checking (such as brand name spelling, dates, etc.)
When the editing process has been completed, you will get your edited manuscript, presented in three formats:
- ✔ Complete edit: Contains tracked changes and comments (labeled BeR Edit)
- ✔ Commentary edit: All changes accepted, leaving only the comment boxes for easier reference (labeled BeR Edit—Comments)
- ✔ Clean edit: Fully edited manuscript with changes accepted and comments deleted to make reading easier (labeled BeR Edit—Clean)
After you receive your edited manuscript, you may have questions or additional changes you’d like made. No problem! However, I do ask that you please compile everything into one Word document or email and send it to me within thirty days of receiving your edited manuscript. Any other changes or correspondence received after thirty days will need to be treated as a new project.
What Some of My Clients are Saying…
Expert Editing Services + Fast Turnaround = Cost-efficiency
- My fee is $0.012 per word ($12 per 1,000 words).
- Word count is determined by Microsoft Word’s “word count” feature and is based on the length of the document before editing begins.
- There is a $10.00 surcharge for PDF documents. Word count for PDF documents is determined by converting the document to Word format and using the “word count” feature in Word. PDF documents are edited using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC’s comment tools.
- “Rush Jobs” (anything over 20,000 words, with a requested turnaround time of three calendar days or less), are subject to a surcharge of 25% of the total fee. This surcharge, if any, will be added to your final invoice, and you will be notified of the change. At that time if you do not wish to proceed with the project, please notify me immediately.
- Erotic fiction items are accepted on a case-by-case basis. Please contact me to discuss your project.
- Non-fiction items are accepted on a case-by-case basis and may be charged a higher rate. Please contact me to discuss your non-fiction project.
I offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with the quality, efficiency, or service that you receive, please notify me within thirty days of receiving the edited document. I will make one additional set of revisions to resolve any issues. All revisions must be sent to me in one email or one attachment to one email within thirty days of receiving the edited document. If after those revisions have been made, you still are not satisfied, I will refund your payment, less any deposit and/or surcharge(s), for that project.
So, what are you waiting for? Click the button below to get started and let’s Make Your Stories Shine!